The land, water, and wildlife of the Sierra Cascade region are vital to the livelihood of local communities and the health of the State of California. Sierra Cascade Land Trust Council is a network of land trusts that provides a collective voice for this diverse region by fostering collaboration to protect the natural, historic and agricultural resources for generations to come.
The Sierra-Cascade Land Trust Council envisions a future for the Sierra Nevada and Cascade region where:
- people continue to come here to live, work, play, experience nature, and be inspired
- residents and visitors are bound together by their love of the land and appreciation of the amazing diversity of people, landscapes, wildlife, waterways, scenic vistas, cultural sites and other resources the region has to offer
- we treasure our traditions and rural way of life
- we have balanced recreational, habitat and watershed quality to enhance the economic and ecological health of the region and beyond
- vital water supplies for California and Nevada are protected indefinitely